1L SPECIFIC PRAYER REQUESTS - January 2018
We update this most Mondays. thanks for logging in and praying!
We appreciate you partnering with us in prayer to help us #LiveOneLove.
1/29/18 | Monday 3 | Honduras, Stevie L, & New 1L Hand Decks
Today, this is Joshua updating the Monday 3. Nicole and I appreciate your prayer support so much! Thankful to see God doing what only He can do, and we are anticipating His work in greater ways in 2018 as we work to start life groups at more skateparks. Here are the Monday 3 (3 Prayer Requests with an optional prayer guide).
1) Honduras #OneLoveSkate ministry through a new 1L Rep named Christian
God, thank You for the way you are working and bringing Your Kingdom to skateparks by transforming the hearts of skaters. Thank You for Your orchestration with Sam & Auburn in Honduras last year to connect with Christian. Please bless Christian's ministry to his skatepark in amazing ways. Please help the boards we sent him to arrive safely and be used to help many know Your One Love. Please provide all the people and resources needed to start life groups and have monthly board giveaways at every skatepark in Honduras. Please open our eyes to see You working, and help us join You in Your work.
2) Stevie L's Ministry & "Challenge The Narrative" 1L Blog
God, thank You for the ministry of Stevie L through music. Thank you for giving Him opportunities to shape nations through songs, authentic art, and a willingness to go where You send Him. Thank You for his new song and music video from the trip he and Sam took to North Korea and other connections there. Please change our thinking to be more like Yours. Use his song and this new blog on OneLoveSkate.org in mighty ways to help many experience Your Love, Light, & Life.
3) 100 New 1L Hand Skateboard Decks Ordered
God, thank You for these great designs from Andrew and Jared to influence attitudes. As these decks are made, shipped, given away, and ridden, may many see that Your Hand is reaching down to fallen man. Please use these decks and the obedience of Your people to help many receive Your One Love and be empowered to Love You and Love People. Please continue to provide the people and resources to do monthly board giveaways and life groups at every skatepark in Maui, and in all of Hawaii, and to the end of the earth. It's in Jesus' Name we pray, amen.
Thanks again for being shoulder-to-shoulder with us in prayer as we make some big decisions with housing, speaking opportunities, and the daily logistics of life with 3 kids!
In the One Love of Jesus (1 John 4:9),
Joshua & Nicole Marburger
1/22/18 | Monday 3 | New 1L Reps, Special Feb Event, & 1L Publications
Happy New Year, 1L prayer warriors!
We are so thankful for each one of you who join us weekly in prayer. We firmly believe God moves through the prayers of His people, so you coming alongside us here is a BIG deal! We hope this finds you well and settling back into the routine of the new year. Here are our “Monday 3”:
1) New 1L Reps
Thank You for this New Year, Lord! We rejoice in what You’re doing in and through One Love Skate. Thank You for our two new 1L Reps ~ doing the ministry of sharing Your One Love in Honduras and Colorado. Empower and direct these friends by Your Holy Spirit to do the work You have prepared in advance for them to do. We pray for favor and creativity as they connect and impact skaters in their communities in Jesus’s name.
2) February 1L Skate Event
Thank You for this opportunity to do skate lessons and connect with kids from Seabury Hall. We pray we’d be a light in the dark places for these students and that You’d use this event to bring students to You. Please continue to weave together the details that need to be in place for this event to be a success in Your eyes. We ask for partnerships with Hope Chapel and other churches to do skate lessons and connect with kids at the Kihei Skatepark.
3) 1L Publications
Lord, have Your way with 1L publications. You’ve put it on Joshua’s heart to write a 1L book, and we ask that You’d bless his work and multiply his time dedicated to it. Thank You for using a bit of our story in the book “Skydiving with Jesus,” that was recently published. And we ask for Your guidance and direction with further curriculum writing, vlog recording, and updating. May it be all done with excellence for Your glory.
In the 1L of Jesus (1 John 4:9),
Nicole & Joshua Marburger
As 2018 Begins...
One Love Fam,
Thank you for logging in and lifting us up! We plan to get consistent again with the Monday 3 in the middle of January. Until then, please lift up these 3 prayer requests and see our year end update below! Thanks! Grace & Peace from the Marburger Fam!
1.) Joshua Preaching at Waipuna Chapel this Friday & Sunday. Here's link to last message on Forgiveness from Waipuna's Website. http://waipunachapel.com/church-life/worship-gatherings?id=759467 At the beginning is a short One Love Skate Family Introduction.
2.) Year End Giving Statements Sent Out In January from "One Love Skate" 501c3 Along With Publication of #LiveOneLove Book
3) Scheduling Preaching Opportunities & Other Ministry Partnerships During June Unpaid leave from Waipuna Chapel
Thank you again for your prayers! Your prayer support helps this ministry happen! So thankful for the sacrifices of time and energy you make to partner with us in this way!
Year End - Monday 3 Highlights
What an amazing and full year --- 1L 2017 Highlights UPDATE
Thank You, Jesus for 2017! What a great year! Great things He has done. Thanks for partnering with us financially and prayerfully—We couldn’t have done all of this without you. Some highlights from Weekly Prayer Requests posted on the “Monday3” include:
- Jan- Skate at 8 on Wednesday's in Shelby (Parternship with Local Pastors and Videos from Sam Peralta); One Love Elevate Nights at Lahaina Baptist with the Wright Family; Completed 10 Discipleship videos for 1L Leader Training
- Feb- Callie in Antigua - Jose & Wendy received the 1L of Jesus with her; 1L Helped Sponsor several events with Maui Skateboard Series (Boards, stickers, shirts); New Video posted from a One Love Skate Brazil event with Auburn & Mark; Celebrated 1L Connections from the Congo
- Mar- Joshua Preached at Pukalani Baptist, Lahaina Baptist hosted Board of Directors Meeting in their One Love room, Joshua & Nicole shared at Waipuna Chapel and prayed with skaters at Keo skatepark for Life Groups at all skateparks in Maui
- Apr- Salvations and Baptisms in NC and growth with staff of Hope Community Church; 1L Sightings with Putnam Baptist Church’ Mission Trip to Guatemala. Also Made in Hope Cafe in Wailuku began partnering more with Sam and Joshua selling 1L Products for Ministry
- May- Baptism in NC from Skate at 8 student; Sam 1L in Hana; 1L Basketball started with Jeff Marburger for the NC community; Maui Ladies Discipleship Developed
- Jun- Nicole Spoke at Unashamed Camp in Maluhia; 1L Discipleship Curriculum with 3 Camps (Putnam Baptist NC & New Hope in Hawaii); Sam & Auburn Mission Trip in NC & SC. Mission Report from Sam & Auburn & Joshua at Hope Community Church: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Lrca9MYV8
- Jul- 1L Recorded Unashamed Hawaii “Mana’o” Teaching; Joshua Chaperoned a Radi8 camp #ShoulderToShoulder with Pastor Kenny Hall w& 1L Skate students & prayed with JD Greear; Rodney Harrell became more intentional with “skate at 8” as a pastor on the pavement, Joshua & Nicole spoke at Ashland Christian Fellowship & God opened follow up opportunities for #OneLoveSkate in Ashland, Medford, & Portland, Oregon
- Aug- Joshua Preached at Hope Community Church with Dr. Wilbanks about #SeekTheMostHigh; Family moved 4500 miles back to Maui; Waipuna Chapel welcomed Joshua as Life Groups/Discipleship Pastor; Our Oldest kids Started School in Maui
- Sept- Vision and prayer for Life Groups at Every Skatepark in the world during our lifetime; Skate at 8 Continued in Shelby, NC with Brody & Mark & The Bikers & Rodney Harrell and others; Started teaching 1L Core Values to Pukalani Baptist Church’s AWANA on Wednesday; Car Given To Joshua (Already had a 1L Sticker on Back Window) to borrow while we find a car to purchase
- Oct- One Love Skate event at Keo Skatepark with Heidi Marburger, Nick Love, Taysia, & Sam P; Spoke to Doris Todd Middle School and High School With Sam; Putnam Baptist worked on “1L Legacy Videos”; Partnership with YWAM and University of Hawaii; Joshua was invited to share “1L Anthem” with Waipuna Chapel in all 3 weekend services.
- Nov- Maui Christian Academy Glow Night Pastor Kaipo led worship and Joshua spoke—great response; 1L Conversations in Asheville, NC; #OneLoveSkate Progress at Keopuolani Park with Donated Skate Tools for 1L Conversations; Marburger Fam getting settled in 2 bedrooms of a friends home home (Connected through a 1L 2016 year-end donation ) while we wait & search for house to purchase upcountry; Paia Youth And Cultural Center 1L Event gave away lots of 1L Resources and shared the 1L—Kai Helped us with Sam and Nicole and Nilson Drone all part of Nerf Blast War
- Dec- Joshua Preached 3 messages on WYMUDGUFU at Waipuna Chapel then journeyed on First of 4 Weeks of Unpaid Leave from Waipuna to work on 1L Book and do 1L Events on Oahu; One Love Skate bought four tickets to bring skaters from Maui to Oahu for Ministry & Gave away almost all of the rest of the 1L Skateboard Decks and Ordered more skateboard decks for ministry in Maui, Oahu, Wyoming, Honduras, and Colorado in 2018. Partnership with Aloha Skateboards to ship new order of 1L skateboards on a barge in January 2018.
What a year! Check Out Our New Blog For Some Pictures & A Year End Interview